As we journey through October, the month of the Rosary, I encourage you to pray the Rosary for and with your families, that God may strengthen and heal the bonds of love in your lives. Pray also for your parish family and all the members of Good Shepherd Catholic Community that the Lord may strengthen us in faith and in service of God and one another.
On October 16, we will celebrate the Feast Day of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque. Margaret Mary was called "the Beloved Disciple of the Sacred Heart.” Devotion to the Sacred Heart is the theme of all her writings. Margaret Mary encouraged the faithful to receive Holy Communion on the first Friday of every month. Inspired by Christ she spend a Holy Hour in prayer lying prostrate with her face to the ground from eleven till midnight on the eve of the first Friday of each month, to share in the mortal sadness Jesus endured when abandoned by His Apostles in His Agony. In her prayer Margaret Mary received many revelations from Our Lord. In these private revelations she received twelve promises of Jesus for those devoted to His Sacred Heart:
The twelve promises of Jesus for those devoted to His Sacred Heart are:
1) I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2) I will establish peace in their families.
3) I will console them in all their troubles.
4) They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
5) I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6) Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
7) Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8) Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9) I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10) I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
11) Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
12) The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Below is a Prayer of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary. You may wish as families to consecrate yourself and your family to the Lord and Mary, Our Mother.
Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, I come to you to consecrate myself and my entire family to your two hearts. I desire to renew the vows of my baptism and place each member of my family through an act of faith, hope and love into loving union with the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I dedicate myself and each member of my family to the Guardian Angels God has given each one of us. O Holy Guardian Angels, enlighten, guide and protect each one so as to lead us safely home to heaven.
At Fatima, dear Mother of God, you appeared with St Joseph and the Child Jesus blessing the world. O Holy Family, bestow blessings upon me and my entire family so that we may live the Christ-life. I desire that each member of my family adore always the Most Blessed Trinity and love our God in the most Blessed Sacrament. Grant peace to each member of my family. Keep each one in the grace of Jesus Christ. Amen
In our parish First Friday Mass is celebrated each month at Our Lady of the Lake Church in King Ferry at 9:00 a.m. Before the Mass Confessions are heard from 8:00 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, the Litany of the Sacred Heart, and Benediction take place follow the Mass. God bless you, Father Bill