This is how Fish Bowl Sunday works:
• Fish Bowl Sunday is held on the First Sunday of each Month.
• Prior to First Sunday of the month a volunteer will check with your local food pantry and ask for 8 to 12 food and/or non-food items most needed.
• Those 8-12 items will be written on several slips of papers and put into a fish bowl.
• The Fish Bowl filled with the slips of the items needed will be at the church entrance before and after Mass on the First Sunday of each Month.
• We encourage you to reach into the Fish Bowl and choose a slip or slips with items needed.
• We ask that you purchase the item on the slip of paper and return it to church the next Sunday.
A place is designated at each of our churches where the items will be collected.
• Volunteers then bring the items received to the food pantries.
Below is a list of the food pantries we support with items received from Fish Bowl Sunday
King Ferry Food Pantry operates out of the former Ag Wing at the Southern Cayuga Central School. Currently the pantry has food distribution days on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon, and by appointment 7 days a week. Since they are now an independent incorporated not-for-profit corporation separate from GSCC, money donations made to the King Ferry Food Pantry should no longer be made to GSCC, all donations should now be made directly to the King Ferry Food Pantry, Inc. at P.O. Box 242, King Ferry, NY 13081. At this time, KFFP is in need of a few more mindful, talented community members (like you!) who are available to serve clients on Saturday mornings. If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer at the KFFP please email Carin at email@example.com and the food pantry will provide them with more information and a volunteer application.
Moravia Hope Pantry director is Fay Reynolds. The Moravia Hope Pantry has food distribution on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon. It is located at 66 Aurora Street, Moravia, NY. The mailing address is: The Moravia Hope Pantry, P.O. Box 462, Moravia, NY 13118 Phone # 315-209-9420.
Union Springs Food Pantry - food distribution is on the 1st Saturdays of the month from 9:00 a.m. – 12 Noon. donations may be left at Trinity United Church of Christ or St Michael's Church. For information call Trinity United Church of Christ at 315-889-7302.
Thank you for your support of the local Food Pantries through the Fish Bowl Sunday program. The Thanksgiving and Christmas times of the year are busy times at the food pantries please be generous. Remember that you can also make direct donations of financial support and /or service to the food pantries throughout the year. God’s blessings and peace, Father Bill